BECOMING A MEMBER
Membership of Scenic Rim Tourism Inc is open to all interested people in the district - not just tourism operators.
Benefits of membership include:
- The opportunity to network with other tourism operators and businesses within the district. This networking also brings the opportunity for co-operative advertising and promotional activities with similar businesses to your own, resulting in reduced costs to individual operators.
- Direct input from the district Promotions Officer who represents the district on the Boonah, Beaudesert and Ipswich Tourism Committees, Brisbane Marketing and Tourism Queensland. The district Promotions Officer is a valuable resource who gives Scenic Rim Tourism Inc members access to the marketing and promotional opportunities available through various organisations. Some examples of recent promotions for local business are the latest South East Queensland Country Touring Guide TV advertising and front cover imagery; television coverage of the region generally and of specific targeted tourism operations; Courier Mail and Sunday Mail articles; as well as distribution of regional marketing tools such as Valleys of the Scenic Rim to Visitor Information Centres throughout eastern Australia.
- Display of your promotional materials and brochures in the Visitor Information Centre in Boonah at no cost.
- Listing of your business on the Scenic Rim Tourism Inc website with links to your own web site (where applicable) at no cost.
- Invitations to participate in Scenic Rim Tourism Inc promotional activities and community events.
- Advice and information from experienced tourism operators in the region and referral to tourism professionals for specific advice on business plans, promotions and marketing, council regulations and legislative requirements.
- But, above all, an opportunity to help grow quality tourism in Boonah - Heart of the Scenic Rim which will ultimately ensure the success of your own business.
Green Heart of the Scenic Rim Ratings
All members of Scenic Rim Tourism Inc. have committed themselves to taking those Small Green Steps which are the beginning of a long journey.
For every 5 Steps taken, the members earn a Green Heart, which is displayed on their page on the web site. We also have the top five, green businesses listed on the "Top Green Heart of the Scenic Rim" page.
We believe in energy efficiency, waste management and minimisation. We want to conserve the Scenic Rim as Brisbane’s green playground. We realise how important it is for us to conserve the beauty around us. We have the most to lose if we don’t.
Green Steps List:
- Plant one tree or native shrub per acre, every year, to absorb carbon and to attract birds and provide homes for our animal and insect population.
- Handle laundry on site - sending it out could mean a round trip of over a hundred kilometres.
- Keep all re-useable shopping bags in the car - simple, yet effective and it definitely means less plastic bags.
- Separate all waste into the classifications the Council wants and compress it by hand to reduce the volume.
- Have a well managed Compost Heap.
- Buy no bottled water.
- Keep light pollution as low as possible to save electricity and to see the stars.
Enquiries concerning membership can be made in writing to:
Scenic Rim Tourism Inc
P O Box 184
Boonah QLD 4310
Private Member Area
Members have online access to various information.
Click here to access the private member area.
1. Application for Membership Updated Jun 2012.doc (69.5 kb)
AA Membership Entitlements (1) Update 2012(1).doc (269 kb)
Info required for Website.docx (31.2 kb)
You can use this form to contact us via the Internet.